FAQs – Studying abroad in Switzerland

Today, we have a ton of FAQs for you! If you have any further questions, you can comment down below in the comment section. We will answer you as soon as possible.

faqs - study hotel in swiss


FAQs Answers
How much money do I need to have in my statement
in order to study in Switzerland?
Approximately 700,000 – 800,000 Thai Bahts.
Where will I get my internship if I study at B.H.M.S? It can be flexible, and it depends on you and the institute.
Do I need to know other languages rather than English? In Switzerland, there are various languages that people use.
If you want to learn other languages, we suggest you learn German, Italian,
French and Romance.
Are the conditions for admissions to a master’s degree different from a
Bachelors’ degrees?
Yes. It has the differences in the score or level of IELTS/TOEFL, applicant qualifications.
But, It is depended on which institutes that you want to apply to. Mostly, applicants who
want to pursue a master’s degree need to have working experiences in hospitality fields.
How many years do I have to study for the bachelor’s degree
in Switzerland?
Mostly, three years for the bachelor’s degree in hotel and hospitality management.
Do they have a Wi-Fi connection for students in the institutes? or
Do I have to prepare pocket Wi-Fi myself?
They have free Wi-Fi for the students.
If I do not have basic knowledge of English, how long do I have to prepare
myself for the IELTS test?
It depends on the person, but currently, there are many schools that will train you
to be ready for the test.
Is lunch free? No. You have to pay for the food together with the tuition fee.
Are the three institutes government institutes? They all are private institutes
Can I do a part-time job during the time I pursue my degree?
Is it illegal?
Yes, you can. It is not illegal.
Do I have to pay additional fees for the learning materials? You have to pay together with the tuition fees.
How long does it take to get a student visa? About 8 weeks.
How long will it take for the institutes to send the confirmation that I am
one of the students who can get in?
B.H.M.S. will confirm with you in 72 hours. But, other institutes can be flexible.
Where do I pay for my tuition fees? You can transfer the money to the bank account directly.
Some institutes also have forms for you to fill online.
Where will I apply? Usually, you can fill the application form on the website of the institution that you are
interested in. You could also click on the following links for the application:
IM: https://imi-luzern.com/apply
BHMS: https://application.bhms.ch/bhms-application-lp
HTMi: https://htmi.ch/application/
Do they have a short course? Yes. According to the current situation of COVID-19, all the courses need to be canceled.
We will update you through this website if they have the updates.
Which institutes offer scholarships? Right now, IMI has offered scholarships, but they are not the full scholarships
Do they have a brochure with the full details of the programs? You can download them by clicking on the following links:
IMI: https://imi-luzern.com/fees You can download directly from the website.
BHMS: https://download.bhms.ch/bhms-brochure-lp You need to fill in your information before
downloading or you could also read it online.
HTMi: https://htmi.ch/programmes/ You can choose your favorite program
or you can read it on our website.
Do I need to prepare any copy for applying for a part-time job? It depends on what you are going to do because many jobs have different requirements.
But, you have to stay in Switzerland longer than 6 months in order to get the right to do
a part-time job.
Can I find an apartment outside the campus? Yes, you can. The apartment outside the campus is quite expensive, so it would be good
if you can find friends to share your monthly rent.

More FAQs will be updated soon!

Return to Homepage